What is an open offer?
An open offer is a payment pending authorization.
Payment authorizations stay open in 3 cases:
- The shopper was redirected to an external page to complete the authorization. This is common for local payment methods (such as iDEAL and Dotpay) and for 3D Secure payments.
- The transaction was processed, but the funds haven’t cleared yet. This is common for bank transfers or offline payment methods (such as Boleto Bancário).
- The funds transferred by the shopper can’t be matched with the payment request. For example, if a shopper uses a wrong reference to transfer money, the funds are stuck as an OpenOffer. The funds are usually sent back automatically. If your shopper has not received the funds after 8 business days, ask them to provide official proof from their bank and contact Support.
Find open offers
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Transactions > Offers.
- OpenOffer: the offer pends authorization.
- Received: the offer is converted to payment.
- OfferCancelled: the offer closed due to cancellation.
- OfferExpired: the offer expired due to our close-off period.