A chargeback will not be automatically defended by Adyen and it can be due to one of the following reasons:
- If the refund amount is less than 90% of the transaction amount
- Multiple partial refunds (include the partial refund data in your chargeback defense)
- 3DS liability shift:
- Reason code is not fraud-related
- Chargeback initiated outside 120-day timeframe:
- Timeframe calculated from expected delivery date, not transaction date; this applies to some dispute reasons such as non-delivery of merchandise
Please note that chargebacks for some payment methods (Sepa, PayPal, Klarna) or with certain reason codes are not defendable, and Adyen auto-defense will not be used in these cases.