This article addresses (international) law enforcement authorities seeking data disclosure from Adyen N.V. about its customers and/or business partners.
If you are not a law enforcement authority, please note that we are prohibited by law to disclose any (personal) information directly to you or your representatives. We kindly ask you to contact the (international) legal assistance service in your area.
In case of an emergency, please contact Adyen N.V. via firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is responsible for handling data disclosure requests?
Adyen N.V. (based in the Netherlands) is the data processor for payments and personal data collected through the Adyen platform on behalf of its customers and/or business partners (the data controllers). Adyen N.V. may be prohibited to disclose (personal) data without consent of the customer and/or business partner. We therefore encourage you to contact the customer and/or business partner directly.
Please note that local Adyen offices only provide commercial assistance to Adyen N.V. and have no access to any (personal) data. Where a data request is directed to Adyen N.V., Adyen N.V. may only provide information if the data disclosure request is legally binding under Dutch law.
Information for Dutch law enforcement authorities
Data disclosure requests from a Dutch law enforcement authority must comply with the following requirements:
- The request must be legally binding for Adyen N.V.
- The request must be addressed to Adyen N.V., Simon Carmiggelstraat 6-50, 1011 DJ Amsterdam (a scan may also be sent to email@example.com
- The request must include the information listed below.
Information for international law enforcement authorities
Data disclosure requests from a non-Dutch law enforcement authority must comply with the following requirements:
- If you do not have a judicial order, please submit your request via your local authority/agency for Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters where your request must be authenticated and validated for further processing via Interpol / Europol:
EU related link to Interpol / Europol
Other regions link to Interpol / Europol
- If you have a judicial order, please submit your request to the Centre for International Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters in Amsterdam (Internationaal Rechtshulp Centrum - IRC)
Internationaal Rechtshulp Centrum:
Visit address: Kabelweg 25, 1014 BA AMSTERDAM
Postal address: Postbus 2287, 1000 CG AMSTERDAM
Phone +31 88-1693069
The IRC will validate and send through the request to Adyen N.V. on your behalf. Once the request is received, Adyen provides the information back to the IRC.
What information needs to be included in the data disclosure request?
Any data disclosure request should include in any event the following information:
- Formal writing, addressed to Adyen N.V., Simon Carmiggelstraat 6-50, 1011 DJ Amsterdam (a scan may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Clear ground for the legal basis of the request;
- Description of the natural person or legal entity about whom the information is requested;
- Detailed information in order to retrieve the processed payments on the Adyen platform. Preferably per payment the unique Adyen Payment Reference (16 digits);
- Name and signature of the issuing authority, badge/ID number of the responsible agent or officer, email address and a direct contact number;
- Specific summary of data that is required to be disclosed and the period within which data is sought;
- Expected response period.
- The Adyen support teams are not authorized to disclose any information by telephone or email outside of the process as explained above
- Adyen N.V. is not legally obliged to respond to correspondence sent to our employees’ corporate/personal email addresses
- Adyen N.V. will only respond to data disclosure requests sent in accordance with the requirements as set herein
- Adyen N.V. reserves the right to notify its customers or partners when their (personal) data is being sought, except where providing such notice is prohibited by law. In such case, this must be clearly notified to Adyen N.V. at the time of the request